Tuesday, June 10, 2008
About my friend
She has two children with the same age with mine and living in my nighborhood. She is very passionate to educate her children. They are taking a lot of special classed-art, music-instrument and vocal, math, two English courses, special science course and so on. My son also are taking several classes with her girl. About math class, I didn't like her idea-It's expensive and a little far from my house. Anyhow, these day she is trying another class-reading, discussing and creating books. She is urging me ti hop in that cousrse and I really make my son take a little rest. How I should tell her about my refusing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Hanah,
I can understand how you feel as a mom. One of my relatives said to me they are spending 8 million won for her two daughter education every month. After listening to her saying, I thought she is mad. I know it is very difficult to have my own idea to educate my children. But you know, the most important thing is our children's thought. In my case, I'm trying to give my children many chances to learn. But sometimes they said to me they really didn't want to learn something. For example, my daughter had learned ballet for four years, but she wanted to quit it. She had many reasons for it. Even though they are young, they also have their own idea. How about asking and respecting their opinion? And if you think your friend's idea is wrong, you had better say no. Let's be brave moms for our children.
No parents want their children to fall behind of others. So, many parents arrange a very tight schedule for their children to follow, thinking that having their children learn something restlessly is one of the parents' most important roles. In my opinion, however, for the children, especially the elementary school children, playing with their friends, traveling or going on a picnic with their parents, visiting their relatives during weekends, reading books they like, and so on are much better than studying hard in a tight schedule.
Post a Comment